Monday 3 August 2009

Knot's Landing

So, I was gonna do this thing about how the sound of a sax playing soft jazz makes me feel like I'm wearing leggings and a scrunchie, sat next to my mum on a patterned sofa with her permed hair and face adorned with Deidre Barlow glasses about to watch this. It's a very visceral Proustian rush. I can see the wicker furniture and word processor left open on the dining room table. I smell an M&S lasagne bubbling away in the oven. Even just the 'woooooah' of the 'O' flying over your head and through your tv makes me feel very safe and secure in a little 3 bed semi detached house in a provincial english town. However, 21 seconds in and this happens:


and now I'm back down that darned rabbit hole.

Sorry. What? Alec Baldwin used to be in Knot's Landing? Not MY Alec Baldwin though right? Some other Alec Baldwin surely? There's enough Baldwin brothers that one of them must have been named Alec again after they got through all the other names in the baby book and had to start the naming process again, RIGHT?

NO?!?!

How do I remember everyone else face but never remember him being in it (who could forget Constance McCashin though? Let's be serious about this).

This guy is not a forgettable guy

why has my mind blocked him from this show, the show that along with Moonlighting and Perfect Strangers, makes me feel like a child again (it is possible I was one of those indoorsy type kids).

This is my boyfriend Alec Baldwin, the one I'm going to marry when he gives up acting and becomes a househusband (I am not so sure about the 'mommy works' part of the equation but I'm sure we will figure it out. Our love is strong). How could I not know about this?

Kids, mommy needs a lie down in a darkened room. No no, leave the picture. I'll erm... keep it safe.

P.S. What or where is a Knot's Landing? No one ever explained that to me.

No comments: