Thursday 30 July 2009

Veronica Mars

If you call this 'tv for girls' I will kick you in the face (I probably won't kick you in the face, I do yoga sporadically and even then - chubby girls ain't never gonna make it as ninjas). This rivals The Wire for characterisation, overall story telling and being honest. Though, maybe not 'honest' in the way The Wire is (i.e. 'this shit actually goes down'). I don't know of too many high schools that have motorcycle gang leaders from the wrong side of the tracks AS WELL AS the offspring of famous movie stars but then, I don't know many high schools full stop. I live in a provincial town on the south coast of England. For all I know Baltimore is in fact all white picket fences and ticker tape parades rather than drug dealers and violent crime. What the fuck do I know you know?

Fact is. I love this show. And I love the titles. Fits 'like a glove' as Ace Ventura would say (1994 called, they want their pop culture reference back)

No comments: