Sunday 15 March 2009

Greatest American Hero

You're trying to tell me you don't know what this is?

But... but... didn't you grow up in America in the very early 80's?

No, me neither. I wasn't even a foetus when this was first aired let alone capable of conscious thought.Yet, curiously, this is oftentimes what I find being my brain screensaver (the song that goes round your head when you're not thinking about anything else).

Observe.





Yeeah. All of that just happened.

Seriously. It happened.

The guy who's youtube channel I pilfered this off describes G.A.H. in extremely succinct, and exciting terms:

'A teacher is asked to be a superhero using a special alien suit with powers he can barely understand or control, after losing the instruction manual. He is aided by a Government Agent. Along with his lawyer girlfriend, they together figure out not only how to control the suit, but to right wrongs. Very great show!!'

Very great show indeed. How could it not be with that premise? That's basically the premise of every great work of art from the last 250 years. Fact.

I think what I enjoy the most is that the aliens are obviously big Ku Klux Klan fans as this is where they have stolen their imagery.

Ku Klux Klan symbol:




Wacky alien spacesuit symbol:

Aliens are so racist. It's all magical spacesuits and marginalising people based on the colour of their skin or religious beliefs with them. Those are the only things that the aliens are interested in. It gets a bit boring after a while.

Still though, even with a magic KKK suit that Ayran hero William Katt uses to 'right the wrongs' of the world in (with hilarious consequences) it still led to the world to this, my favourite of favourites:

No comments: